Saturday, February 21, 2015

Schar gluten free shortbread cookies

Well, If you are anything like me, it's hard to have a craving for cookies and not be able to consume them because of the flour and gluten in most cookies. While shopping for some gluten free food one day, my hubby spotted these cookies. Being the daring person I am decided to purchase these and try them out. 
When I opened them, I immediately noticed the horrible smell inside of the bag, it smelt like a horrible chemical, I then put one of the cookies into my mouth. The cookie was very hard, very powdery & very dry.   The cookies was more on the bitter side. For all of you bakers out there, you know that the main ingredient in short bread cookies is BUTTER, well, when I looked on the ingredient label on the side of the bag, I was shocked to find that this recipe doesn't use any butter. The cookies give a very unpleasant after taste, which makes me wonder what exactly they added to these cookies. Over all, the cookie isn't that fantastic at all and in my opinion, I will not be purchasing this again. Everyone has different likes, some people may like this cookie and some may agree with me that these are horrible, but the fact that these short bread cookies do not have any butter, should tell ya right there what kind of quality these cookies really are.  

I give these cookies 1 out of 5 stars




-I would love to hear from you, let me know what you think about these cookies, Leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment