Saturday, February 21, 2015

LiveGFree gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix




The other day I felt like doing a little baking, so I went into the pantry and pulled this mix out.
I was very eager to try it out because so far, most of all the Ald's G.F. products seem to taste pretty good.
I did exactly what the directions told me to do which meant I needed to make sure 1 stick of butter and 1 egg were at room temperature before even thinking about mixing this together and proceeding.

After my stick of butter and egg were at room temp, I was ready to mix it all together.
Let me tell you that on the directions, they made a mistake by saying that you need to add more water if need be but never tell you how much to put in there in the first place. They also mention that you should and I quote, "cream the ingredients". Wasn't sure what that meant exactly but I was guessing that they meant blend it together?.

They were not exaggerating when they said the dough will look clumpy. I'd say, it looked more dry and crumbly. Once you squish it in your hands to make a ball, it holds together pretty well though.
I then placed it in the oven and waited for it to bake. After supper I grabbed a cookie and took my first bite.
The texture was harder, grainy and it tasted more like a sugar cookie then a chocolate chip cookie.
I wasn't exactly impressed to say the least. However, I give myself a pat on the back for trying it anyways.

I give this product a 2 out of 5 star rating. 
It was edible but not a favorite. 


Have you baked these cookies before?, 
I'd love to hear what you thought of them by commenting below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment