Saturday, February 21, 2015

Good Foods Cranberry Almost Chicken Salad



The last time I visited a Costco, I was thrilled to see that they have increased their selection of gluten free foods and made sure to note everything they have to offer now, so I could have my husband buy some for me the next time he shopped there. 

One of the things on the list were these cranberry almond chicken salad cups. 
They looked quite delicious, so I requested that my husband purchase me some. 

When he got home, I immediately opened one up and expected your usual very mayo based and chicken taste right off the bat but instead I was sorely mistaken. 
I was bombarded with an assortment of flavors all at once and the one that stuck out the most was the base they used. It didn't really taste like a mayo but instead a really sour, powdery, skim milk or better yet, it tasted rather curdled

I was sure it was because I had to put them in the fridge and that when I took another out, it would taste a lot better. Unfortunately, it tasted the same only cold now. 
The cranberry is very strong in here and I really didn't get to taste much almond. 
The celery in here is pretty big but it's the sour base that I couldn't swallow down. 
I never got a taste of  the chicken because if I would have, I wouldn't have been able to tell if I am eating the cranberry or something else. All the flavors put together just doesn't work well. 

I had my kids try this and they couldn't really get past the 3rd bite without leaving them on the table and walking away. 

I can officially tell you that we will NOT be purchasing these cups ever again. 

My advise to you is: Use caution when purchasing these cups from Costco or where ever this product is sold and don't go all crazy when purchasing it because you just may not like it. 


I give this product a 1 out of 5 star rating. 



Let's here from you, comment below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment