Saturday, February 21, 2015

Betty Crocker gluten free brownies

My husband and I found out we are pregnant with our 4th baby about 5 months ago and I never used to like chocolate cake only because I thought the chocolate was bitter in the cake and in the frosting but for about 4 weeks now, I have had a bad craving for it. 

While shopping at Walmart, I decided to check out the gluten free section and to my surprise I found this on the shelf, there was only 1 left and it was as if it was calling my name, I just had to get it. 

I was anxious to bake these puppies but quickly realized we did not have a small cake pan. I then just decided to put it in a larger pan and just bake thinner brownies. The box did not make that much brownies and they did turn out rather thin, but the texture and taste was exactly like gluten filled brownies and if I wouldn't have told everyone in the family that they were, they probably wouldn't have known the difference. However when I was stirring all the ingredients together, I found it a little difficult because the batter was so thick that it was like stirring tar. The only ingredients you have to supply for these brownies are  2 eggs & half a stick of butter per box.
 (Took me about 5 minuets to prepare the brownies before putting them into the oven, which for a mommy on the go, is very ideal.)

If you purchase these brownies at the store, you may want to buy at least 2 boxes or more since mix is rather small and doesn't make a huge amount. Please make sure and purchase or have on hand a smaller cake pan as well, that is unless you are fine with thinner brownies like I had.

I am definitely buying these amazing tasting brownies again!!

I give these brownies a 5 out of 5 score

A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO BETTY CROCKER FOR MAKING GLUTEN FREE PRODUCTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment